Monday 27 June 2016

EXP3 - Lumion Second Draft

I chose to look at Diller and Scofidio's 'Slow House' when setting a precedent for my school of architecture. I was initially intrigued by the concept of expansion throughout the plan, and more broadly, the idea of a journey.





The drawing on the top right of the page is the plan-to-section modification I came up with.


The first implementation of this design was in the general form of this space, intended to be the design studio, following the curvature. I decided not to include the skylights on the top as they seemed unnecessary given the huge window.


I took the skylight design and placed them on top of the moving arms. Given the fact that they're essentially very long closed tunnels, they need to get light from somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment